Remediation and STEM for
Students in Grades 1-10
June 18 – July 19, 2018
Mondays – Thursdays
8:30 am – 2:30 pm
No classes on July 3 & 4
- Morning: individualized instruction in reading, writing and math
- Afternoon: hands-on STEM activities focused on a new theme each week with related field trips on Thursdays
Be Ready for Fall
Lake Michigan Academy’s five-week summer program provides students in grades 1-10 with individualized instruction in reading, writing and math. Our program combines the expertise of LMA staff with research-based techniques to provide students with learning disabilities and/or ADHD with skill-based instruction and success.
A STEM Filled Summer
Science Technology Engineering Mathematics
During the five-week summer program, students will experience daily, hands-on STEM activities focused on a new theme each week. Each week will culminate with a field trip on Thursday based on that week’s theme.
Benefits of STEM Integration
1. STEM allows students to be innovative.
2. STEM helps students make a difference.
3. STEM fosters creativity.
4. STEM prepares students for a college curriculum.
5. STEM is a confidence booster.
6. STEM helps strengthen communication skills.
1. Complete or print out the application below.
2. Upload or mail relevant academic information with the application.
3. Call or email to schedule a tour and individual meeting with Garret VanGessel, Summer Program Director.
Fee: $1850 per student
- Includes all supply, technology and field trip fees.
- Lake Michigan Academy and Turning Pages students receive a $100 credit.
- Full payment due by June 15, 2018.
- Receive a 10% ($185) discount if full fee paid by May 25, 2018.
- Limited scholarships are available.
If a student withdraws from the program after acceptance, a 50% refund will be issued up until June 21, 2018; after June 21, all refunds are subject to approval of the Summer Program Director.